Monday, January 31, 2011

Orchids


Orchids, originally uploaded by susanvg.
You can never go wrong with a photo of flowers. And with -20C temperatures today, I went for the indoor shot. Trying to get together a variety of photographs for my photo class on Wednesday. I'm playing with shutter speed and aperture as I learn to shoot on manual.

Though we haven't had a lot of snow this winter, we have had a lot of grey days with sprinklings of snow. It has slowly accumulated, leaving us with a constantly white landscape. My indoor garden brings me smiles, as the bright colours counteract the monochrome outdoors.

5 comments:

  1. They are beautiful. I love orchids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I have an orchid just starting to develope it's buds...love their long lasting blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! I love the background and the way you have put the scene together is so attractive. You're right, you can't go wrong with flowers, and these orchids are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, definitely a day for indoor shots. Beautiful orchids. We have one in the living room. It was blooming when we got it a few years ago but it hasn't bloomed since. Maybe you have a green thumb secret we don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flowers, and orchids are especially lovely and exotic - an incredible number of hybrid colours!

    ReplyDelete