Sunday, January 2, 2011

Beginnings


Beginnings, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Daily Shoot: Make a photo illustrating a fresh start, a new beginning, or the first step to a goal.
This cyclamen rewards me with new blooms. Like me, the plant has been around a while but it constantly creates new growth. New Year's is always a time to stop and reflect, to ponder whether the path we are on is the one we want to be taking, to set goals to tweak our lives and thus create new growth. Life is in constant change - the changes that happen to us and the changes we make happen. We have to tend our inner gardens well, to nourish, to find the sunshine and to revel in our own blooms.
Wishing all my friends new growth and a year full of blossoming dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Love this. Congrats on another year of photo blogging!!! Can't wait to see what this year brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know you're going again. Three years now- you're definitely leader of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect application for the Daily Shoot. I've joined the EdTech 52/2011 group for this year. I want to spend more time studying and focus on various aspects. I will probably get back to my T1i Insights blog at http://www.annedavis.net/blog/
    Loved the learning here and I plan to still keep in touch. You have been a big part of my learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize there were that many people out there doing the 365 challenge. I have started one myself.
    http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll show more shots of this cyclamen through time! A beautiful, fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words of wisdom along with an interesting shot. It's so important to remember to look within and ponder our path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the photo and your reflection, Susan. Those still-closed buds are a promise of what's to come in 2011.

    ReplyDelete