Sunday, January 2, 2011

Noël


Noël, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I played music with a friend today (Vivaldi, Handel and some suites by an anonymous composer) and Noël kept us company. He seems to really like music, always sitting through our sessions (and the lessons of my friend's cello students). His two feline family members stay well-hidden. What makes an animal partial to music? Or does he just crave the companionship?

There is a cat, Nora, who plays the piano with her piano teacher owner. Her YouTube video came to the attention of a composer, Mindaugas Piecaitis, who wrote a concerto with her music.  Noël has not yet started playing music nor has he joined in with feline vocalizations, but he makes a great audience.

5 comments:

  1. Great close-up of Noel. Interesting stories, too. I have yet to get a good close-up of Tucker like this, but I will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really seems that certain pets are more musical than others - no idea why, though. When I was a teenager we had a cocker spaniel who used to 'SING' whenever I played the piano. It was really funny - wish I had had a video camera then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great audience is important. I'm glad Noel helps in that department. Thanks for the cute youtube video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's wearing his tux and seems totally engrossed.

    ReplyDelete