Friday, January 28, 2011

Curve


Curve, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Daily Shoot: Make a photograph that features a very distinct curved line or surface today.
I've started a photography course - and it has thrown me a curve - no more shooting on automatic. I'm really trying to get my head around F-stops and shutter speed and which to set when to get what and what do I want out of a photograph? There may be some very wonky photographs over the next while (though I may cheat and use my point and shoot as I always have it with me).

I like to set myself challenges - keeps the brain cells flexible. Living lifelong learning...

5 comments:

  1. Shooting on manual is a bit tricky at times but once you get the hang of it, it's really worth the work. Don't worry about the wonky photographs. Some of the greatest inventions/creations came from the trial and error method. Happy learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like the lines and shadows in this one, Susan! What a great challenge. You'll rise to the occasion, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I have tried a half dozen times to start learning the technical side...each time I've been frustrated and given up - one of these days, though! I no longer shoot on auto though - I did learn in one of those past experiences that it was worth moving to the P stop or the A stop or even the M stop on the dial and have sometimes tried manual focus when auto just isn't kicking into what I need - just don't have the 'language' and understanding of it - pure trial and error! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the course! Look forward to seeing the wonky pictures:) Photography certainly is about lifelong learning - challenging but so interesting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you for taking the photography course. My brain rejects such things unfortunately. At least I'll be able to admire your skills here.

    ReplyDelete