Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cyclamen Flowers


Cyclamen Flowers, originally uploaded by susanvg.
This time of year I need flowers. I featured this plant a few days ago. Some of the buds have now opened. As I check out my online friends' photostreams, I linger over the flowers in Florida and southern Australia. Greenery and colour abound. I have to be satisfied with my indoor garden. But today the sun shone, with brilliant blue skies.

Yellow Spotted Orchid

This yellow orchid sits on my window sill. putting a splash of colour in front of the sometimes white or grey landscape. I follow the growth of each plant, delighting in new buds, waiting patiently for them to open. Four of my orchids have sent up shoots. More flowers to come soon.

4 comments:

  1. You have captured the flowers beautifully in the sunlight streaming through the window. Reminds me to get some colourful flowers for the weekend tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these. I remember the Cyclamen buds. The flowers' reflection in the window is lovely. That orchid looks like a tiger! I have one orchid given to me many years ago - it has only bloomed once (this summer). I was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great captures with the brilliance of blue in the background - your garden is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. It's nice to see such vibrant colours, especially at this time of year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete