Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 341: Buy a Jar


Day 341: Buy a Jar, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Supper at a restaurant in Toronto - buy your fill of soup. The first snow has fallen and I have already cooked two pots of soup since my kitchen is once again serviceable. I love to make soup as I rarely follow a recipe - just throw in what is in my refrigerator and hope for the best. This is not quite true - I do sometimes plan ahead and buy the vegetables I want for my latest concoction. After trying "green" soup at my friend and colleagues, I made my own version with broccoli, celery, leeks, dill and spinach. It was quite a success. This is not always the case as my spontaneous combinations do not always yield savoury delights. But even short of perfection, a warm bowl of soup on a wintry day hits the spot.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, Susan, at first I thought this was your pantry. Making soup in the winter is a real comfort and eating it is the best!

    ReplyDelete