Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 343: Let it Snow


Day 343: Let it Snow, originally uploaded by susanvg.

The first real snow storm of the season blew through Montreal today. While predictions were for up to 30 cm (12"), I think we got about half that. Driving was slow but I have certainly been in worse. It's always a test of drivers: some feel they should drive as if it is summer (and still have summer tires on their cars); others are more cautious. On my way home from a meeting, I passed a couple of trucks that had gone off the road. While it was frightful outside....

Inside it was delightful. I sat by the fire and so did my felines. Tomorrow it will be back in the snow, cleaning off the car, navigating through snowy roads, but for now I'm cozy and warm.


Warm by the Fire

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing the same thing that your kitties are! Keep warm and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are managing to stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful scene. How long does it take to clear the snow off the car before you set out for work each day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's really hard work to live in snowy countries. I probably wouldn't venture out, just become a hermit. I'm even nervous to drive in the rain - so many drivers being careless. Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete