Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 342: Chocolate


Day 342: Chocolate, originally uploaded by susanvg.

For years I savoured my friend, Monte's chocolates. I finally got the nerve to ask him how he created his incredible morsels. I had the privilege of watching him in action. This chocolate bark - dark chocolate with mixed nuts was just one of the varieties he produces. We (really he) slowly melted chocolate (most of it 70%) over water and then dipped everything from caramel coated pecans (he prepared that ahead of time) to halvah, cookie pieces, a mixture of cranberries and toasted almonds.... He makes many varieties - ginger, apricots, pears each dipped in chocolate, chocolate coated almonds. My mouth is watering.

Melting the Chocolate
Melting the Chocolate

Chocolates are prepared, put in the freezer briefly and then packaged and kept in the refrigerator. I have my list of ingredients, I'll be making chocolates soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is the one post of yours that I should have skipped! Yummy! Did I ever mention my love of dark chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely sinful. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete