Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 335: Spider Plant


Day 335: Spider Plant, originally uploaded by susanvg.

This spider plant is one of many plants in my house. I read years ago that it helps to rid the air of pollution. I like to think that my plants and I both have something to offer each other. I offer them water which they "exhale" as oxygen.

I read the spider plants are "a popular plant with beginners, as it is easy to grow and propagate and is very tolerant of neglect..." I am afraid mine has had to put up with being nibbled on by my cats, being under-watered when life goes into overdrive and yet it continues to grow and send off shoots. Life is tenacious.

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty one! I have killed off more than my share of these...no matter how hardy they are supposed to be, I still manage to send them to the Spider Plant Pearly Gates (sigh). Guess I'll just enjoy yours! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back memories. I haven't had a spider plant since university days when we all made macrame plant hangers. Yours looks pretty healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just my kind of plant - hardy!

    ReplyDelete