Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 347: Winter Lights


Day 347: Winter Lights, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I played a concert in a museum that used to be a church - an interesting conversion. Snow had started falling as we went in and when we came out the magic was complete. It was really a winter wonderland with Christmas lights dancing on the snow.

There is silence in a snowy world as the sound gets muffled. There is nothing quite like a walk on a snowy evening; the world is pristine and everything sparkles.

3 comments:

  1. Now this is a winter scene in which I could spend time - it is truly magical! Thanks for sharing - it is more than a pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like how you captured the snow falling lightly in the glow of the street light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how beautiful it is. I've only experienced two snowy Winters in my life - the first in Germany when I was 18 and the second in Upstate New York (Jordanville) in my first year of marriage (aged 25). I remember the stillness and beauty of the snow covering everything. I also remember the car not starting, not having cut down wood early enough and smoking our place out with wet wood. Inexperience.

    ReplyDelete