Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 5/10: Casselman Church


June 5/10: Casselman Church, originally uploaded by susanvg.

A strip of yellow emergency tape flutters over the stairs to Casselman's church. The church is closed. During a funeral service, with about 100 people there, the balcony sank several centimeters. It was discovered that a crack in the foundation opened causing one of the columns that supported the "jubé" to settle. Ironically, the woman whose funeral was being held had been lobbying to have the church look into the state of the building. It seems the church is too heavy for its foundation.

Daily Shoot: Using contrast in your photography can give you very artistic shots. Make a color photo with high contrast today.

5 comments:

  1. I love the contrasts in this picture. The church sets so well against the beautiful sky. I hope they are able to open it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was simply going to comment on the shot... until I read further. YIKES! I hope they are able to salvage this beautiful building!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story makes the photo even more interesting, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a picture and what a story! I do hope it will have a happy end, and the church will be reopened again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story. I guess God does work in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete