Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 12/10: Cooking


June 12/10: Cooking, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Why wait for the perfect subject? Make a photo of something that is unfinished. (Food is not yet finished cooking)

Nothing says summer quite like meals outdoors. Barbeques, picnics or just a meal on the patio, dining al fresco encourages lingering over a meal. Food seems to taste better.

The aroma from our dinner filled the air fanning our appetites. And I wonder who else's. I know when I walk through the neighbourhood and catch the barbeque smells wafting through the air, I salivate. But we had no uninvited guests (other than the insects) and enjoyed the final product accompanied by the evening sounds of birds.

4 comments:

  1. Love those glowing coals! We cleaned off our deck furniture but woke this AM to 3-4" of wet snow. Guess we won't be dining out there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I can almost smell it from here. Great idea for a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picture, and so familiar to me. We also enjoy our meals al fresco very much. And the bbq smells from our neighbours' gardens make us want to get the grill going, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the glowing hot coals.

    ReplyDelete