Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7/10: Looking South


June 7/10: Looking South, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I never get tired of this view. I went to have a look as the sun was getting low and enjoyed the intense blue of the river. On this cooler day, the air is clear. The distant mountains beckon.

I can't imagine living in a city that is flat with no vistas. We are fortunate here with a few hills and views in every direction. I am reminded of the song, "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever". However on smoggy days you are aware of the putrid air we sometimes breathe.

3 comments:

  1. What a magnificent city view! You get the buildings, the water, the mountains and the sky. What could be better? When I'm in Denver, I have no views, so I'm always grateful to return to my mountain vistas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really seems like 'you can see forever' here. I love the infiniteness of the sky in this picture with the town just as a narrow strip on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sky to set off such a lovely view. I can see why you never tire of it. Thanks for sharing - it just puts you in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete