Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21/10: Longest Day


June 21/10: Longest Day, originally uploaded by susanvg.

It is the solstice, the longest day of the year. Here in Montreal the sun set at 8:47 pm. I love the longer days, the opportunity to linger over a dinner outdoors, evening strolls in daylight. The light gives a sense of well-being. And there is a lightness to living - as I step outside in the same clothes I wear indoors. No layers of clothes to insulate me against the weather, I can feel the weather on my skin. This evening, was a pleasant 20C (68F). Summer is officially here.


5 comments:

  1. Spectacular picture! I whole-heartedly agree with what you wrote, it's the same over here - only our days are even longer than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky! I meant to get a sunset shot last night but life got in the way. Let's hope summer continues in the fashion it started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot ... what a great treat when you can get such a nice sunset on this long day. I do hope that Summer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love when you share this cityscape. I feel the same way about our brief summer - though I still must wear a jacket by early evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. It makes me feel like I am sitting out on a balcony enjoying a peaceful evening with friends and food and a scene to boot. :)

    ReplyDelete