Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 24/10: Flûtes Alors!


Flûtes alors!, originally uploaded by susanvg.

For me - summer has begun. Yes - there is still work to be finished, but each year when the Montreal Baroque Festival starts I spend a few days in Old Montreal, sauntering from concert to concert and feel that vacation feeling coming on.

As the line for the first concert snaked towards the door to the church, we were treated to music played by Flûtes Alors!, a young recorder quartet. I have followed these musicians since they were young teens, watched them develop as musicians (both as a group and as soloists) and know I will be treated to many wonderful concerts in the future.

Three plus days of music in different venues around Old Montreal with friends. It is a tiring but wonderful way to spend time.

Friday evening:

Monteverdi's Vespers
Les Voix humaines in Art of the Fugue

Then off to Café À Propos to chat and listen to some young musicians.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness - they still look like teens to me! Everyone looks so young as I seem to be getting older.

    ReplyDelete