Friday, June 4, 2010

June 3/10: From the Past


June 3/10: From the Past, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Think of a favorite childhood sport, game, or activity. Make a nostalgic photo today.
I was never really into sports. My active mind lured me into games of the imagination. This rabbit, given to me when I was two by my proxy Scottish Grannie, has stayed with me while the other stuffed animals of my childhood have long gone away. All my animals had names and I would often play with them, imagining adventures they had. In play, animals that would be enemies in real life can be friends. I created a world of peace, harmony and friendship.
Stuffed animals have changed. This one is stuffed with what feels like wood fibre - not as cuddly as today's products. It lives in one of my drawers, a treasure from my past.

6 comments:

  1. I have a similar teddy- he is so loved that his fur is worn in places and he bares the scars of a stomach operation from when I thought I might become a doctor.

    Allanah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo. It is nostalgic, in its ears and eyes. And I am remembering Penny who left me when I was 12 because she was absolutely falling apart, stuffing went first. One morning had to take her because watching her in decline was too sad for me.
    See what you make me remember?
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture and beautiful memory. He has weathered the seasons well and looks to have been well loved. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful picture and what a good story! Genesis loves her stuffed animals, too. She plays the way you described. It's a great way for kids to build their imaginations and create stories. I'll share this picture and your story with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL - Lucinda cannot believe that such a fine specimen of her species lives in a drawer. She encourages you to allow the Scottish Rabbit some fresh air. There's no telling what creativity she may unlock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is very much like my daughter as a child. She still has several of her stuffed animals left - but for how long? I will now encourage her to keep one or two of the dearest ones to remember later on.

    ReplyDelete