Friday, June 25, 2010

June 23/10: Stairway


June 23/10: Stairway, originally uploaded by susanvg.

A respite from city noise, our mountain park provides an oasis. A walk on Mount Royal always brings a sense of peace as I breathe the fresh air under the trees. Paths lead around the summit and through the woods. Staircases wind up the hills.

A stop at the lookout at the chalet brings views of the downtown and beyond to the river, the suburbs and then the hills in the distance.

Montreal

There's a sculpture garden on the grassy slopes leading to Beaver Lake (a man-made pond). The mountain is one of Montreal's favourite playgrounds.

7 comments:

  1. I love a good mountain! The top photo is SO inviting...I really like photos of roads, stairways, trails, etc., that lead you off into the distance. Nice to have the summit payoff without the hike, too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such special places and so many of them are falling to neglect and budget cuts and thus being eliminated. So nice some are still around and offer the respite needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stairway is very inviting. I'd like to take a walk there. You framed it really well. Also, a great view of the downtown area! I hope to one day visit Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cityscape. I have a similar shot but prefer yours. I think you were higher up when you took the photo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you'd be puffing by the time you got to the top. I would have to have many photo opportunity stops along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan, I have a "thing" for stairs. I have so many shots of different outdoor staircases that I'm thinking of doing a book of them! You've captured the depth in this one - I'm trying to see what's beyond that slight bend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The staircase really leads my eyes into the unknown greenery. So intriguing. From your pictures and commentary I can really understand why this mountain is so popular.

    ReplyDelete