Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9/10: Refreshing


June 9/10: Refreshing, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I need to learn to pamper myself - in small ways. Today's daily shoot, (Place or find a subject floating on water today---boats, leaves, ice cubes, etc.---and make a photo! ) reminded me that a cool drink at the end of the day can be relaxing. This one happens to be non-alcoholic - St. Pellagrino with a touch of orange juice, but it hit the spot after a long day. Maybe later I'll take a bath with a bath bomb (no photos of that). Sometimes we (especially women) spend so much time taking care of others we forget to nurture ourselves. Little things can make a big difference.

5 comments:

  1. Seems to be the theme for us ladies right now. YES! little things - treat yourself. We do do a lot for others and sometimes forget about ourselves. Finding the balance between treating ourselves right and caring for others is necessary. Also necessary not to swing to far and become the one who has to be cared for. I think of the daily photo as my pamper and have fallen a little behind lately - so your pic of remembering self is a good reminder. Thanks Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you should definitely pamper yourself. I know a few women who could use that reminder as well. Hope you have a wonderful evening. Maybe you should make the pampering session a weekly ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About 15 years ago, my daughter gifted me with a beautful basket with assorted 'treat yourself well items'...bath oil, chocolates, special teas and mug, journal, candle, a poem etc. reminding me to pamper myself. I was a fast learner!
    Your drink looks delicious, I have iced tea with a touch of cranberry juice everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only suggestion would be to take the drink along to the bath. Have a relaxing weekend, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really good reminder! During the school year I often tend to forget myself - too many other people, family and students, to look after. Now that the summer holiday is here, I suddenly remembered that I exist, too, and could do with some care and attention. Should remember me more often, so thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete