Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 284: Turkey Time


Day 284: Turkey Time, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Thanksgiving in Canada - complete with turkey, stuffing and too much food. With my lack of kitchen, I was very grateful to be invited to my cousin's.

For a number of years, my children and I spent Thanksgiving at CAMMAC, the music camp we attend. The tables from the kitchen were moved into the concert hall and a crew of people spent the afternoon decorating with leaves, dried flowers and whatever bits of nature was around. Before dinner everyone stood up to sing our thanks in canon (my son reminded me of this last night). As it was a music camp, there were always enough good voices to sound beautiful and the hall reverberated with feelings of friendship and warmth.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

2 comments:

  1. A warm Thanksgiving wish to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm that looks yummy. Great photo! And happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete