Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 292: Cafe


Day 292: Cafe, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I like the idea of a cafe, especially in summer when you can sit on a terrace and slowly sip coffee. This cafe is not far from me and it is quite nice in summer, with bushes and flowers to buffer the hum of traffic. After a day of sitting at the computer, working and listening to the drilling, hammering and other noises emanating from my kitchen (under renovation) I realized I needed to escape the dust and mess of my house. I walked to the cafe and had a light supper.

Some things make me feel old - I am sure I was the oldest there. Most of the patrons were twenty-somethings, using the cafe as a workplace with their laptops and a place to socialize. The music, fortunately not too loud, was of their vintage - not mine. But I pulled out my book, lingered over my meal and enjoyed the refuge from my dusty home.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a nice place for an escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice nighttime photo - Nice light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting observations. I've mastered the art of feeling invisible in cafes. Useful.

    ReplyDelete