Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 295: Dusting of Snow


Day 295: Dusting of Snow, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Renovations help you to divest yourself of all kinds of junk. I had to clear out my front cupboard for repairs and painting and put a couple more garbage bags of stuff out. The rain that was falling changed to snow and dusted the bag with snow.

It's too early for me to appreciate snow and all the hassles it brings, but I do love its clean white feel. Today was like a November day, grey, damp and gloomy. It was a day for soup and hot tea and a fireplace, the warmth needed to chase away grey feelings. In a couple of weeks I'll be able to enjoy all those things at home; for now there is dust falling everywhere, from plastering. But the next step is fresh paint and my house will have a pristine feel like fresh fallen snow.

4 comments:

  1. You will definitely feel renewed with your updated kitchen - amazed at how quickly it is progressing...they move slow as slugs down here! Love how the fallen leaves in the photo emphasize the reluctance of the seasonal change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the preview :-). We've had snow on the mountain, but none right in town. Hang in with the renos - I'm sure it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to me how much we accumulate over time...
    Though our kitchen renovation is done, I still have a few bins of things I don't have the heart to return to my new "pristine" kitchen. They're still sitting in my dining room (my former temporary kitchen) waiting to find a home. Perhaps Goodwill?
    Keep working through it all! Your new and improved space will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dusting in your house and outside, too - you can't escape from it, Susan! Hope it's not winter just yet where you live.

    ReplyDelete