Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24/10: Take Two


Jan 24/10: Take Two, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I'm learning about my camera. The daily shoot suggested trying to shoot a photograph with a long exposure. I had to figure out how to do that. This is my second try - my neighbour's house with Christmas lights. Moving my camera during the shot I was able to create this image.

I have so many appliances and gadgets in my house. With most I learn the minimal controls I need to get it to function. My challenge is to learn more about my camera - to be able to operate it manually so I understand how i can take control over the results.

4 comments:

  1. I think the camera provides us with a lifetime of lessons! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photo. Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors...I wouldn't have guessed what it was.
    I've taken several beginning photography classes online. The best one was with Candice Stringham at JessicaSprague.com. Not too intense...and I was working on manual within two weeks!

    ReplyDelete