Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 21/10: Knitting


Jan 21/10: Knitting, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I was at a party over the holidays and I saw someone who was wearing a scarf that spiralled. Her mother had provided the pattern and my interest was piqued. I haven't really done any knitting in almost thirty years. My knitting motto was always to knit things that didn't have to fit, so I made afghan after afghan. All my friends received one as a gift at one time or another. I'm getting somewhat fed up with this scarf - not finding it very inspiring.If my daughter doesn't want it, it's going in the bag for the homeless. Someone will make good use of it. But it has inspired me to go back to knitting. Next up - an afghan of course.

3 comments:

  1. I am mesmerized by those that have skilled hands. An afghan seems unimaginable to me - such an enormous project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you got pretty far. I had the same motto - but in crochet - scarves and afghans :-). It was always something to keep me busy when I did it-but I don't think I would find it as relaxing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks very pretty! I've tried one time...managed about five inches before I gave up. I'm with Barb...an afghan seems unimaginable. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete