Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan16/10: Taking a Bow


Jan16/10: Taking a Bow, originally uploaded by susanvg.

As anyone who reads this blog knows, I am passionate about music and early music in particular. A concert with one of my favourite groups, Ensemble Caprice, with Daniel Taylor as the guest was certainly a highlight. I have watched the careers of both the ensemble and Taylor for a number of years. I first heard Dan Taylor in about 1989 when he sang at CAMMAC, the music camp I go to most summers. He was a student at McGill and came up with some other students to do a concert. It was my first introduction to a counter tenor and I was smitten. His voice had and still has a purity that I find moving and remarkable. Since that time I have heard him in many venues (often in this church) and with a variety of groups. He now has an international career, singing all over the world with many early music ensembles and opera companies.
I first met the members of Ensemble Caprice at CAMMAC, as well. The wonderful part of the early music community here, is that the musicians and audience have many opportunities to interact. In many cases, these are not just performers for me, they are friends.

They should all take a bow for their many accomplishments. I know my life is far richer each time they share their talents.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful music in a beautiful location - great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity. Definitely, music to the ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see how passionate you are about music, Susan. I can feel your enjoyment in your posts.

    ReplyDelete