Monday, January 4, 2010

Jan 4/10: Burner


Jan 4/10: Burner, originally uploaded by susanvg.

My new stove has a double burner, the inner one for low simmers, the outer one for hotter cooking. It has already had a workout. I love to cook on gas; its fast response as you turn it up or down makes for fewer disasters! When I first moved into my home more than 20 years ago I was nervous about gas. There had been a major explosion in an apartment building because of a faulty natural gas connection and the memory of the event had coloured my feelings about gas. I soon got used to my stove and grew to appreciate it. And during those power failures, it was always nice to enjoy my coffee!

4 comments:

  1. You are braver than I! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo - the lighting's bang on! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool thing to photograph. The flames look almost neon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this looks like a great stove! (At first I didn't recognize what it was - such a pretty blue flame.) I cook on gas in the city house and really like its responsiveness, too. I have a ceramic cooktop in Breck.

    ReplyDelete