Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan 11/10: Cobalt blue


Jan 11/10: Cobalt blue, originally uploaded by susanvg.

The Daily Shoot's theme today was your favourite colour. My thought was favourite for what? I have always loved this cobalt blue, but would not paint my walls this colour - too confining. I need light airy shades around me. I love the dramatic oranges of yesterday's sunset but wouldn't dress in them; they would make me look sallow. I love bright clear colours to wear, but wouldn't upholster my furniture in them. Every colour is a favourite for a different purpose.

But blue does work well in flowers too

More Blue

Daily Shoot: What's your favorite color? Make a photo dominated by your favorite color today and share it!

5 comments:

  1. Love cobalt glass - it is so rich looking! Agree with your take on 'favorite' ... in fact, I almost shot a multi-colored shot, just to voice a similar thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue too. Thanks for the idea. Peg and I were looking at your post and she had the idea of doing a rainbow week - a different colour each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've collected a few cobalt items - you can see one on my Header. I do love that color! But - dress in it - NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this pair of photos! Cobalt blue is a beautiful color, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very rich feeling colour although I agree that it would feel confining on your walls.

    ReplyDelete