Monday, December 20, 2010

Early Morning Frost


Early Morning Frost, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I woke up to a world painted white. Frost covered the trees; lacy branches tangled like a tatted doily. It was hard to keep my eyes on my work as the sun started to play on the snow. Despite the cold, I threw open the windows to snap photos, always looking for the quintessential shot of winter. Sun, breezes repainted the landscape; by afternoon the frost and snow disappeared from the branches. But winter has taken hold and the ground stays covered. This afternoon's solstice heralds the official start of winter but here we greeted the wintry weather weeks ago.

3 comments:

  1. Winter wonderland for sure. I admire your courage to face the cold. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tangled weave! Frost everywhere and I like the tree branch hovering over all of the tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the light behind those frosty branches, Susan.

    ReplyDelete