Friday, December 24, 2010

Moon Rising


Moon Rising, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Last night I was driving home and saw the most incredible moon. It was hanging low in the sky, huge and golden. I got off the highway to chase the moon. By the time I found a good spot for a photo it was higher in the sky.

With just my point and shoot I tried to get a good photograph -no tripod. I should keep one in the car. This photo doesn't do it justice, but here is the moon, caught in the branches. The water in Lake St. Louis has not yet frozen, so the lights are reflecting on this bay.
Moon in the Branches

Slightly post-processed and cropped from another photo - lots of room for improvement.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beauty - isn't it fun to see such a sight! Seeing such an awesome moon sure helps to put perspective on our worlds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this shot of the moon. Let's you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your moon shots! What beautiful hues! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tripods do come in handy but it's not always convenient to carry one around. Nice shots just the same. The moon almost looks like the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful moon shots and water glow! I also photographed the morning moon without a tripod - I'm too shaky to get a really good picture, but when you see it, you have to act quickly or miss the chance.

    ReplyDelete