Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recycling Woes


Recycling Woes, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I don't like to complain. But.... the city delivered this massive recycling bin and won't pick up recycling from our old smaller containers. Where am I supposed to keep it? My garage is at the bottom of a fairly steep driveway - I actually park my car in front of the house to avoid this steep slippery slope. This was our first really snowy recycling day. I dragged the container up through the snow (it makes a fairly good snowplow) - my aerobic exercise! Then I brought the recycling boxes out from inside the house and emptied them into the bin. As hard as this is on snowy days, it is positively treacherous on icy days. I avoid walking up and down the driveway. I guess I'll be putting out recycling only when the weather is good.

2 comments:

  1. Our problem here is that the city doesn't want us to put it on the street because of their snowplows and the company we hired to do our driveway doesn't want it in the driveway.
    Be careful on that driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a monster, even if your driveway isn't slippery! Be careful.

    ReplyDelete