Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day 329: Wild Thing


Day 329: Wild Thing, originally uploaded by susanvg.

My son, now an adult, created this in his early years in high school. I always thought it looked like it could have walked out of "Where the Wild Things Are". It sits in my living-room, a source of amusement and of pride.

I have always honoured the work my children did, displaying it for all to see. Some works have slowly been delegated to less conspicuous places or have been filed away. Others have kept their prominent spots as they are not just the creations of my children, but are really pieces I enjoy long past the time of assuring their egos are intact. This whimsical fellow definitely fits that category.

1 comment:

  1. I have a piece of childhood pottery by my son, Jim, that still sits in a place of honor - it is a ski vase with arms outstretched - it is "dressed" in the color coat my husband wore in the 80's! Your Wild Thing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete