Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 312: Preparing for Winter


Day 312: Preparing for Winter, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I took a walk in the neighbourhood and noticed all the different ways people protect their bushes and small trees for winter. These two are just a sampling. I am not a proactive gardener - if something survives in the garden I appreciate it, but I don't pamper it. I let nature take its course. I rarely water and don't wrap things up. I figure it has to be hardy and my garden does thrive.

My preparation for winter consists of taking in the garden furniture and cutting back the perennials. And with an unseasonal warm spell, I haven't quite tackled those tasks.

1 comment:

  1. Well - I'm with you on garden chores! I cut back the front perennials, but I like to see the seed heads in the back garden sticking out of the snow. I tell myself they add "interest" - I think I read that somewhere and have used it as an excuse ever since.

    ReplyDelete