Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 305: Geese


Day 305: Geese, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Nothing says autumn quite like the flocks of geese flyng overhead. We saw this large assembly near Casselman. It was the first time I had seen snow geese and there were many mingling with the Canada geese. I imagine they fly in separate flocks, but they were all enjoying the pickings from this farmer's field.


Reflections

It was a beautiful sunny day, the kind that celebrates the beauty of the changes as the plant life dries up and the last of the milkweed scatter its seeds. In this area, the trees have lost their foliage, exposing nests that once sheltered. These geese will be off soon, looking for more hospitable places, where food will be plentiful over the coming winter.

Milkweed

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a sight! I've never seen snow geese in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have no snow geese - they look beautiful. However, flocks of Canada Geese stay in Denver year round. They foul the greenbelts and bike paths, causing my husband (the biker) great consternation! Super milkweed photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! My favorite is the sky reflection in the water. Something about reflections on water.... I just love 'em!

    ReplyDelete