Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 313: Sunrise


Day 313: Sunrise, originally uploaded by susanvg.

As I drove up over the hill and caught the sun just after it rose (today's sunrise was at 6:45 a.m.) it was one of those moments to just stop and appreciate. The naked trees have opened up the view so that I saw the sun glint on the river in the distance. Much is revealed after the leaves have fallen. A nest - once inhabited, is exposed. Some of the larger nests are made by squirrels; I wonder how they can protect them all winter.

Life is made up of these moments which we have to make time for. My Internet friend, Barb, wrote about finding the good in everything. Getting up very early and heading out certainly gave me something good. So much better to focus on that than on the negatives that can crowd our brains.

5 comments:

  1. Oh - your "one good thing" and now, because you share it - mine,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your viewpoint, Susan. And a beautiful photo. I can imagine how much more beautiful to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the silhouette of the tree branches against that just-rising sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One advantage of the time change is to revel in the dawn.

    ReplyDelete