Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 320: Night Flight


Day 320: Night Flight, originally uploaded by susanvg.

We had to go on an unplanned trip to Toronto as my spouse's mother is in failing health. We flew in clear skies and were able to enjoy the city lights as we took off. I often think about city lights as I live on a hill and regularly see parts of our city spread out below me (though not at this height). They seem so magical and festive, yet I think also of the amount of electricity needed to light all these lights. I know that I have to train myself to be more conscientious about closing lights that are not being used. Our politicians in Canada seem to be willing to delay making and commiting to environmental policies. After all, what is more important the economy today or the future of the planet! We, as individuals have to do what we can to change and push those in power to face the reality of what we have done to the planet. Some changes just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment