Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 328: Warmth


Day 328: Warmth, originally uploaded by susanvg.

When the day is coming to a close and there has been little opportunity for a photograph, there are always the cats. My two senior felines, know how to get their needs met. They burrow into blankets as if in a sleeping bag and survey the world from their cosy nest.

As they get older, they spend more of their day sleeping, finding all the warm spots in the house, be it under blankets, in a sunbeam or under a lamp. They frequently curl up together, sharing their body warmth. I think there is nothing quite so relaxed as a sleeping cat, nor so relaxing as curling up under the blanket with them for warmth and a rhythmic purr.

2 comments:

  1. In my next life I'd like to be a cat! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the kitties - their curly fur is so unique but doesn't seem long enough to keep them warm.

    ReplyDelete