Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 270: Snail Mail


Day 270: Snail Mail, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I was thinking the other day how rarely I have something to put in a mail box. So much of what we do now is online. I keep up with friends and family through email and social networking sites and most of my bills are delivered and paid online. My mailman delivers far more requests for charitable donations than personal mail. While I still have a childish anticipation of his visit, it is rare that there are any gems in the bundle he drops off. I do still receive some magazines (hard copies are still better for reading in bed), but so much of my mail makes a quick trip into the recycling bin.

But for those times you need to post a letter or parcel, these bright red boxes are very handy.

2 comments:

  1. So true about the mail. I made a rare visit to the Post Office today to send payment of a traffic ticket I received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mailboxes...here in the U. S. they are blue.

    ReplyDelete