Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 252: Colours Change


Day 252: Colours Change, originally uploaded by susanvg.

We have had a delayed summer with rainy, cool weather in July. By the middle of August it heated up and temperatures still linger slightly over seasonal averages. I put on my shorts and t-shirt, go out in my sandles, and enjoy the mild weather. The leaves, despite the temperature, know that autumn is closing in. Tinges of red can be seen on some leaf tips. The shorter days, as we approach the equinox, must signal the trees to don their autumnal splendour. A time of change.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of bright reds and oranges in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this past weekend. Fall is moving in quickly (and it seemed we didn't have much of a summer at all). I hope it sticks around...my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, August and September have been beautiful. I think maybe we should switch the summer holidays to these months.
    Well, Susan, we've taken the plunge. I started a picture a week blog with my students. I've posted the first pic and have made the student schedule for the year. If all goes well the students will be busy and I won't be posting again until June. Please check it out. Any and all feedback is welcome.
    See you next week in Mtrl.
    Shelley
    http://3longney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at how much colour there is already! What I've seen so far points to an awesome show this year.

    ReplyDelete