Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 244: Weaving a Web


Day 244: Weaving a Web, originally uploaded by susanvg.

This seems to be a very busy time of year for spiders. Some days I open my front door and am confronted with a freshly woven web. The creator is not happy when I brush its masterpiece aside. This spider wisely chose a bush in which to weave its gossamer threads. I'm hoping it will catch a few of the wasps, who live in the next bush.

I appreciate spiders as they keep the insect population down. But I prefer to appreciate them from afar. They can get nasty when disturbed, though, fortunately we are not in an area with venomous spiders.

1 comment:

  1. I'm partial to the webs but not necessarily to the spiders. However, managing to catch one in its lair is special.

    ReplyDelete