Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 253: Make it Shine


Day 253: Make it Shine, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I took my car for a long overdue wash. There is a hand carwash not far from me, so the inside and the outside of the car got a thorough cleaning. I would never put up with the same dirt in my house that I put up with in my car. Now I can feel I am driving in a healthy environment (if there is such a thing in a car) for at least a few days. If I could only stop eating in the car......

It was a day for water - I had to hook up my hose for the first time this year and water my flowers. We have had a full week without rain and the flowers were starting to beg. It's that time of year when the garden starts to look faded. I need to keep the flowers happy as long as possible. One nice thing about this photo/blogging experience is that I am watching spring burst forth in Australia so I will have virtual flowers all winter.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't your car smile when it's all clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no rain is a good time for a car wash. We usually have ours washed in Denver and by the time we arrive home in the mountains, it's spotted again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the car. I would never have my house as unclean as my car. As for rain, we don't seem to have any anymore. Everything is dry and I never manage to water on the two days a week allocated between 6 am and 8 am. Not sure what will survive this Summer. Thinking about replanting. STill have blossoms to show on the blog.

    ReplyDelete