Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 257: Boggle


Day 257: Boggle, originally uploaded by susanvg.

The theme this month in the 365/2009 Flickr group is Games. So I thought I would include my favourite on: Boggle. This is my giant boggle set. The idea is to make as many words as you can in three minutes
"When the timer starts, each player searches the assortment of letters for words of four letters or more. When you find a word, write it down.
Words are formed from adjoining letters. Letters must join in the proper sequence to spell a word. They may join horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, to the left, right, or up-and-down. No letter cube, however, may be used more than once within a single word."

My spouse and I play and laugh a lot. He plays bilingually (French and English). I usually just use English words. Now I'll get you started. Here are a couple of the words in this random fall of letters
quiet
quit

What else can you find? I'll give you as much time as you need.

3 comments:

  1. Oh...this is right up my alley. I'll play! PAGAN,TRAIT, SCARF, SCADS(is that a real word or just slang?),(PHAT-OK, there's some slang ;D ), AGATE, TARP, FATE, GAIT,QUAD(does that count for four letters?), DIET.
    This was so fun! I used to play this all the time but I don't remember all the rules. Wish I could keep trying at it, but I really have to get to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gnat, tang, drip, diet, cards, fate, gate, gait, pita, raid - wow that looks like a fun game. I'll bet it's tougher when you only have 3 minutes though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think your spouse is cheating! He should have his score halved. Well, I'm not sure if I understand the rules, but so far I've found quip, quad/s, prat, tardy, hate, fate, tear, tears, ears, drip, afraid. Or am going in the wrong direction?

    ReplyDelete