Thursday, March 3, 2016

Muffins

Muffins

I like baking - not too often. I know that what I bake does not have a long list of ingredients that no one can pronounce. I try to use healthy ingredients, substituting whole wheat flour for white, using less sugar, favouring recipes that use oil, not butter. I had some blueberries in my freezer that had been there longer than I usually keep them so I found a recipe for oatmeal blueberry muffins.

Blueberry Muffin

I do admit to eating one. After all I had to test if they were tasty - if I try this recipe again, I will add some spices - cinnamon, nutmeg... But they will still be fine to serve to my guests.

2 comments:

  1. I actually like to bake, but I don't like to cook. I try to substitute healthy ingredients, too. This winter I've been making banana or pumpkin breads nearly every weekend for my Grands. At altitude, I must adjust sugar, oil, and leavening (a bit less of each).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to fly to your kitchen as your guest!

    ReplyDelete