Saturday, March 26, 2016

My House Guest

My House Guest

Photos: March 25, 2016

My daughter needed to get out of her apartment for a few days while repairs were being done on her floors. She moved in with this charming feline. Ania is about ten years old. She was found by a friend of my daughter, under the stoop of a house, cowering, as a small kitten. This friend asked my daughter if she could keep her for a night while they tried to find a home for it. Well.... ten years later, she hasn't left yet. She was a tiny kitten, about 5 weeks old according to the vet who checked her out. We already had two cats at the time who had the run of the house. Ania became the basement cat, sharing my daughter's basement space.

Ready to Play

They both moved out eventually; so have I, selling the house a few years ago. My two cats are long gone so it was delightful to have a cat around for a while. She enjoyed our play sessions, but now is back on her home turf. I can't have cats here (my spouse is allergic) on a permanent basis, so my few days with this house guest were purr-fect.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! She is really checking out the camera. I remember your other kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ania is such a lucky kitten!

    ReplyDelete