Monday, March 7, 2016

Matches

More Matches

I am very frustrated with matches. I remember a time when you could easily strike the match against a rough surface and it would light. I seem to be stymied by these. Despite the slogan on the box they act like "strike nowhere matches". Though I don't use matches often, I do like to light candles occasionally. I strike on the box, I've tried striking on bricks, on sandpaper - to no avail. The only thing that seems to work consistently is the side of a very old small box of matches that came from a restaurant. They don't give those out any more.

Matches

I've been thinking of buying a lighter to use to light my matches. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. I need to buy a lighter for the different reason.
    One of my kitchen draw is almost filling with matches. Visiting our family grave is a monthly event for us. Just 5 minutes takes us to the grave. Every time, the grave office gives visitors a match to lighten a candle displayed at family grave yard. The match woks well, but the light quickly goes out due to the outdoor air. I am very frustrated with matches too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these newfangled "strike anywhere" - I use the same old matches I've used forever - they light the candles just fine.

    ReplyDelete