Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March Flowers

A Patch of Yellow

It's so delightful to see splotches of colour after winter. I know the spots to look for them.

crocus

This is one of the first spaces to burst into colour. The garden faces just the right way and the building's foundation protects it from the wind. I walk past, as if on a pilgrimage to see these blooms.

White Crocuses

I don't understand the appeal of white spring flowers, although I have to admit, their pristine white looks nothing like white of the soot soaked snow of the city.

Squirrel in a Tree

This fellow followed me for a bit in the park, posing. I think he was hoping for a handout. He looks like he weathered the winter well.

1 comment:

  1. I love sprightly smiles of crocus blossoms on the ground. They always make me sure spring is on the way. Yes, the Squirrel looks in fit.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete