Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Parts of the Whole

Parts of the Whole by susanvg
Parts of the Whole, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
One of the things I like about photography is the way it has sharpened my eyes. Even when I don't have camera in hand, I see things I used to ignore.

Today's Posting "Look for abstract shapes and designs today. Make a photo of a subject everyone has seen that's not easily recognizable" is interesting in that it's things like that I notice more - the shape of an object, the quality of light, the patterns of shadows.

While this object may be familiar to some, by taking it out of context you can see other possibilities. Focusing on the details often reveals treasures.

3 comments:

  1. Well, yes, of course, I am intimately acquainted with that contraption. But, looking at your photo I agree that I see it with fresh eyes. It's not happy hour yet, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a corkscrew. Right? The first two sentences are so true to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Susan.
    I admire your careful obsevation.
    I love that photo!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete