Sunday, January 1, 2012

Books

Books by susanvg
Books, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Looking forward. This will be a year of change. Looking for a new place to live, I will be selling the house I have lived in for the last 25 years. So many decisions. I am trying to simplify my life a bit. I have way too many books and am weeding my book shelves, boxing up those I can part with. These books, all by Canadian authors have escaped the first cull.

I keep trying to tell myself that I don't need them, that I will not be re-reading them as there are always new books to read. Each time I approach the shelves it gets a little easier to deposit some into the waiting boxes. And then - what to do with them? Fewer places are taking books. Any ideas out there? I certainly don't want to be filling up landfill with these treasures.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh - the torment of weeding books. I only read electronically now (Kindle), but I have my favorites still on the bookshelves. Perhaps a women's shelter or senior center would take some? Happy New Year, Susan. I've missed you and your photos.

    ReplyDelete