Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wise Owl

Owl by susanvg
Owl, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
As I think more seriously about moving, I'm having to make many choices about what to keep and what to dispose of. And then there is a question of how to dispose of things so that what can be reused finds a new home.

My newly found wisdom realizes that things can become burdens. Downsizing will eventually feel light. Will I remember this wisdom once ensconced in my yet to be found new place? Or will I be acquiring again after a big purge of stuff?

2 comments:

  1. I am determined to simplify - not easy, though. I find I'm not as keen on shopping and acquiring as when I was younger. I keep thinking, "What if my kids have to clean out this place?" (Of course, sometimes I unload my "treasures" on them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it is not easy to simplify. I am working at it, too. I really like this shot - it really catches your eye!

    ReplyDelete