Friday, January 13, 2012

Whiteout Weather

Whiteout Weather by susanvg
Whiteout Weather, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Our first real winter storm arrived, with winds pushing the falling snow to create white-outs. As I ventured out late in the afternoon to walk to the metro, the snow sparkled under the city lights.


Walking to the Metro

Driving was treacherous with many accidents reported, and walking was a challenge. But it is magical to walk with the snowflakes dancing around you and everything a pristine white.

4 comments:

  1. Finally - you get to post some snow pics, Susan. Looks like it was snowing hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way - no fun to drive in it, but how cool to walk in it! We have snow in our forecast for this weekend and I'm happy to be walking distance from work (although, then driving the delivery van won't be fun...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After 12 years of living in Thailand, I had forgotten the magic of walking with my dogs into this wonderland.

    I miss that isolation and oneness with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful, peaceful and silent!
    I want to take photos like this.

    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete