Saturday, January 7, 2012

Deer from Crete

Deer from Crete by susanvg
Deer from Crete, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Funny this photography bug -I'm trying for now to keep up with a photo a day. I've joined a group called Today's Posting, hoping their daily suggestions will inspire me. Today's challenge: find a statue, sculpture, or fountain and make a photograph of it today. Consider the time of day and light.

A weekend in Casselman does not provide many opportunities to find public art or fountains. So I hunted around for a sculpture and found this one. According to my spouse, who acquired this in Crete, the deer were revered, as they killed snakes. Here is a sculpture he remembered seeing in Chania (we found it via Google maps).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, the lighting and colour really enhances the statue of the deer and I love the fact that you have given extra information about it as well. I am trying this year to keep up with my photography. It really does challenge you to think more deeply about how to get a good photo, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the golden light, Susan. I've never heard of a deer killing snakes! (Live and Learn...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tones in this photograph! You have also captured the details in the statue so well! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete