Monday, March 7, 2011

Mural in Quebec City


Mural in Quebec City, originally uploaded by susanvg.
The shadows of scaffolding left from Quebec's winter carnival cast patterns on the mural. But the mural itself has layers of history - like shadows of the past visiting the present. While men in 19th century garb look out from a balcony, a young couple from today kiss passionately just around the corner. Sometimes I feel that way as I look at a place and see it through the eyes of my past.

Mural in Daylight

In daylight, the physical shadows disappeared, but the layers of time remain. Many things happen in one place over time. Imagine the astonishment if these figures of the past could see the present.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, It's so interesting to see the night and day exposures of the murals. It shows vividly how light affects both mood and what we "see."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is such a great mural. I was able to get some great pictures this summer, minus the scaffolding. No matter how many times I see it I always find something that I hadn't noticed before. Glad you were able to find this.

    ReplyDelete